One of the most frustrating things about Snapchat is its preference for one on one interaction. While this is great because it encourages private interaction between you and your friend, it can be incredibly aggravating when you want to chat or add multiple friends.
Because of this preference, Snapchat currently does not have a “send to all” function (except posting to your story but there’s no guarantee that your entire friends list will see your post) and at first glance it also seems like the only way to add multiple friends is by adding them one at a time by their Snapchat username. If you have a lot of people that you want to add to Snapchat, the single adding method can get old quick and can be incredibly time consuming.
Not to worry though, we’ll explain how to bulk add people on Snapchat so that you can get past the boring stuff and start snapping exciting details of your life to your friends and seeing theirs in return. But first, let’s clear what is mean by the phrase “bulk add”: Q. What does it mean to bulk add?A. This simply means that rather than searching for your friend’s username, clicking add, clearing your search, and repeating the process all over again for each person you can add multiple contacts quickly and efficiently.
In other words, bulk adding means saving time and skipping over the tedious process of single adding on Snapchat. Don’t worry though if you don’t know how to do this because we’ll break down the below process step by step:
1. To start, you’ll need to open your Snapchat application.
2. Once open, you should be on the screen where you would normally take a photo or video to send out. If not, you need to click the camera icon to get to this screen.
3. Click the Snapchat ghost icon at the top of your screen. The icon is located in the middle of the top row between the moon icon and the camera direction icon.
4. From this screen, you’ll need to click Add Friends.
5. Next, select the Add from Address Book Option.
6. Now you should see a list of all of your friends from your address book that have Snapchat as well as those who do not.
7. From here, you just need to click the Plus Sign located beside each friend that you wish to add to your friends list.
8. You may also click the Plus Sign besides friends that have an “Invite to Snapchat” text listed below their name. This will send them a message inviting them to create a Snapchat username and once they have signed up, they will automatically become friends with you.
9. Repeat the process until all of your friends have been added.
10. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the fact that you did not have to type in each person’s name individually. It is also worth mentioning that if you add someone to Snapchat through this method by accident that you do not want on your friends list, simply click the purple plus sign next to their name. This will remove their add. Happy Snapping!