Snapchat is an application that was developed by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Reggie Brown which enables a user to send photo messages. It was first launched in July 2011 under the name Picaboo but was later renamed to Snapchat. The users make use of this application by taking photos, recording videos then adding texts and drawings then send them to a recipient.
Snapchat is a very popular application as it used by millions of people all around the world. Snapchat Stories is a feature that was added to the Snapchat platform to add to its unique dynamics. To utilize this feature the user posts a video or photo to his or her own unique Stories section which shall be visible to all the user’s friends. The user can also view his friend’s stories by clicking on their Icon and a story is viewable for 24 hours since it was posted. Once the 24 hours have lapsed this Snapchat story will be in effect replaced with a new Snapchat story.
This article, however, seeks to inform you on how to get rid of Snapchat story. There very many scenarios that would occur which would warrant a user to desire to delete his or her story. A simple example is when you post a vulgar image or video when you were very angry or incoherent, you finally come to your senses and you regret posting that particular Snapchat story.
It would therefore be beneficial to you if you would know how to actually do delete your Snapchat story in such circumstances. Below is the simple procedure of how to delete a Snapchat story:
1. Once you have opened the Snapchat application in your mobile, go to ‘my friends’ screen. Proceed to select your name which will be at the top of the displayed list
2. The list of stories you have posted will appear so select the Snapchat story you would like to delete
3. Then proceed to tap on the icon resembling a gear that will appear on the Snapchat story section you want to delete
4. A list of choices will then be displayed and it is here that you would choose the ‘delete’ option
5. The particular Snapchat story you desired to delete would be deleted and if you would like to delete any other Snapchat story you would repeat this procedure again. This procedure for deleting Snapchat stories is the same whether you are using an iPhone or Android phone.
It is really simple to follow this procedure so as to delete whatever it is you have posted in Snapchat. It is important that once you post a story and you would not like anyone to see it, you should delete it using the above procedure as fast as possible.
Snapchat does not notify anyone including your friends when you post a new Snapchat story, therefore if you delete your post fast enough no one will have seen it yet. Now that you know this, you may proceed to enjoy your Snapchat experience without any more worries. Have fun while at it!