To take pictures, you first have to allow the Snapchat to access your phone’s camera. This is an added feature that will help you restrict apps from accessing other areas of your device. However, there are different ways to do this depending on whether you’re using an Android or iOS device.
On android Snapchat may stop working after a system update because of a change of permissions. In this case follow the following steps:
1. Tap on the “ghost” icon at the top of your camera screen
2. Tap on the settings icon at the top right hand corner
3. Select “Additional Services” and then “Manage”
4. Choose permissions from the menu
5. A list of permissions will appear in the next window
6. Turn on permission to access camera and microphone
If you didn’t have the app before, follow the following steps:
1. After installing the app from the Play Store, you will be prompted to either sign up for a new account or login if you already had an account.
2. Logging in is pretty simple, just entering your username and password
3. If you didn’t have an account, you will have to create a new account by tapping on Sign Up, entering your details and selecting a username. You won’t be able to change this username later on, so choose something your friends will recognize.
4. Tap on continue to start using the app You might have to add a phone number from your profile settings to make it easier for friends to find you.
It is also common for some apps to lose their permissions after a system update on iOS, in which case you only need to give back these permissions to the app. This is how to do it: 1. Go to Settings 2. Scroll down to the Snapchat app and select it 3. You will see a list of permissions it requires and you can easily turn on the Camera option
If you didn’t have the app before, follow these steps:
1. Install the Snapchat app from the App Store
2. Open the app
3. You will then be prompted to either Log In if you already had an account or Sign Up to create a new account
4. After completing either action, you will then be prompted to enter your phone number and then tap on Verify
5. After that, you will have to enter a confirmation code from Snapchat, which you can choose to receive either over a phone call or SMS
6. Enter the verification code in the field provided and tap on OK
7. Afterwards, a window will appear asking you to allow the app to access your contacts, tap on OK. This is important because it will help your friends find you.
8. A list of your contacts who already use the app will appear, and you can add them in the same window by tapping on the Plus icon.
9. A window asking for permission to access your microphone and camera will then popup, tap on Yes 10. Another window asking for permission to the camera will then follow, tap on OK That’s it, Snapchat is now able to access your camera!