Here are some pointers to not piss off your friends.
1. Using the dog filter excessively.
“[The dog filter is] overused, nobody wants to see six seconds of you sticking your tongue out, angling your face, and running your hands through your hair. Maybe that’s my bitterness talking.”
—Sarah Reynolds, Facebook
2. Making your Snapchat Story exclusively about your significant other.
“I love Snapchat, lol, but I had someone who would just post all about their boyfriend. Like, all her snaps were about him and some snaps were of them making out, and her showing off her hickies. I just couldn’t [take it anymore] so I deleted her.”
—Lili Sandoval, Facebook
3. Sending a snap to your Story and also directly to followers.
“I hate when people send a Snapchat to pretty much everyone individually and also put the same snaps on their story. I’ll see it on your story. You really don’t have to send it twice, EVERY SINGLE TIME.”
—Alexa Collinson, Facebook
4. Snapping and driving.
“Stop snapping and driving! Nobody wants to see you pelting down the motorway singing along to Justin Bieber. You’re actually endangering people’s lives!”
—Lucy Anne Dye, Facebook
5. Turning your story into Snapchat radio.
“Black screens with music playing. Sorry, what? Is this Snapchat FM? Are you DJ Snapchat? Calm it, Shirley.”
—Miriam C. Nwoha, Facebook
6. Snapchatting an entire concert.
“WE CAN’T UNDERSTAND THE WORDS TO THE SONG ON A SNAPCHAT. DON’T SNAPCHAT THE ENTIRE CONCERT. WE DON’T GIVE A SHIT.”
—BreckLee Brown, Facebook
7. Posting snaps using every filter available.
8. People who post snaps outside of Snapchat.
“No matter how flawless a filter makes you look, DON’T MAKE THAT SNAPCHAT YOUR FACEBOOK PROFILE PICTURE. You look silly with a fake flower crown on.”
9. Posting your entire gym routine.
“The worst is when people do like five Snapchats in a row of them at the gym, with a text that says ‘my routine today.’ No one cares, you’re a beast, we get it. *rolls eyes*”
10. When people snap spoilers to movies and TV shows.
12. Don’t send random dick pics.
13. Breaking snap streaks over 100 days.
“Don’t break a snap streak if it’s over 100 days. Breaking a long snap streak can ruin friendships.”
14. Staying up late and logging your progress.
“Fucking hell! The people who stay up late, and use the time filter to show it. It’s like, OK, we get it, sleep is for the weak.”
16. When people make important announcements using the “chipmunk voice.”
17. And posting photos in your underwear to show off your “new socks.”
“The men that post a full-body picture in just their underwear and socks. They also make sure they get a good bulge angle, and caption it ‘fave socks.’ We know why you posted it … Girls do the same thing too, selfies with their boobs out like, ‘new lipstick??’ C’mon, you’re not fooling any of us.”